Digital Development Grants 2020
Find out more about applying for our Digital Development Grants.discover more >
Are you a creative and motivated young person aged between 14 and 21?
Do you want to use your creative skills to make a positive change in your community during these challenging times?
If your answers to the above questions are YES, why not apply for one of our Youth Cultural Life Fund bursaries to help you?
What is the Youth Cultural Life Fund?
The Youth Cultural Life Fund invites you to think of a creative idea that tackles some of the challenges we are facing now, in our lives and in our communities. How you approach a creative solution is completely up to you, but the idea must set out to bring about a change, a change in your lives and/or the lives of others!
Through the Youth Cultural Life Fund, we will:
– Award 70 bursaries to young people between now and March 2021
– Award bursaries of up to £250.00 for young people 14-17
– Award bursaries of up to £500.00 for young people 18-21
– Give young people the opportunity to reflect on Covid-19 and apply their creative skills to make positive change in their community
– Offer support from The Mighty Creatives’ ‘Creative Coaches’ to help develop their response
Whilst we encourage you to think of your own unique idea, we thought we would share a few examples to get you started. Creative responses could include:
– Put together creative packages for isolated members of your community
– Organise an online artist Q&A for students at your school
– Download software to create an inspiring animation for your community
– Write a song and fund an artist to record it
– Design a mural for a disused area of your local town
– Publish a printable comic strip and make it downloadable for people to read
What do we want to achieve?
We know the current Covid-19 situation is very challenging for everyone, but especially for young people. So many of you are already doing amazing things to help and we want to support you!
We believe young people have the power to change the world and our aim is to ensure every child and young person can share their creative voice and make their creative ideas possible. This will support us in our fight for the creative voices of children and young people.
Who can apply for a bursary?
You can apply for one of the bursaries if you are:
– Aged between 14 and 21 years old
– Living in the East Midlands. This includes the following locations:
– Living in communities that are particularly isolated by the crisis
We also encourage expressions of interests from adults on behalf of a young person who may be vulnerable, has additional needs or who cannot access the online form themselves.
How can I apply for one of the bursaries?
– Submit an expression of interest below. This is just to give us more information of your idea and share any questions you may have of the bursary and the process.
– Get support from a parent, care giver, teacher and/or another adult you may be working with if you feel like you need some help.
– If you are under 18, please get permission from your parent/care giver before you express an interest.
Expressions of Interest will close on Monday 11th May at 5PM. We will be in touch to arrange an online briefing where we will answer any of your questions and share information on how to apply.